“How was your round today Mr. Brown?” Whether the answer is good or bad, it’s a treat to have your club pros right there, everyday, caring about your game. The pros are ready at hand to offer a tip, give you a tune-up, test your short game, suggest an appropriate ball, fit you for a new driver, or provide on-course coaching with a playing lesson.
There are so many new club technologies introduced each year, how do you decide what’s right for you? Best answer is to take one of the many available demo clubs out on the course: play a round or two with it, try another one, chat with the pros – maybe they’ll suggest a different shaft, loft or brand. They know their gear and they know you.
Heading to Montreal on business? Why not take in some golf at the same time. Carleton’s head professional can make a call to his counterpart at just about any other private club and set up a tee time for you. As well, Carleton has reciprocal arrangements with several other clubs in Ontario and Quebec where you can play free of charge or at a reduced rate. The Carleton pros will set it all up for you.
Gord Percy, BA, BPHE, PGM
PGA of Canada Head Professional
613-692-3533 or 613-291-5729
- PGA of Canada "A" Class member since 1999
- 2003 Cisco Systems Tour runner-up
- Columnist for the PGA of Canada newsletter
- 2002 Ping Classic Champion (Phoenix)
- PGA of Canada Ottawa Zone Teacher of the Year, 2004
- PGA of Canada Ottawa Zone Assistant of the Year, 2005
- Pro Lady Champion, 2015
- Course records set at five local golf clubs
- PGA of Canada Ottawa Zone Board of Directors, 2001–2005, 2010–2012
- PGA of Canada National Director, 2015–present
- Instructional tip writer for Flagstick magazine
- Four-time member of the Ontario University Athletic Association all-star golf team
- 2013 PGA of Canada Ottawa Zone Professional of the Year
PGA of Canada Associate Professional
- PGA of Canada "A" Class Member
- 2011 Taylormade Summer Open Champion
- 2015 PGA of Canada Ottawa Zone Champion